- 27th AprilAlfie Brown, Cal Halbert & MC Rob MulhollandCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 3rd MayDanny O'Brien, Karen Bayley & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th MayDanny O'Brien, Jack Campbell & MC Danny DeeganNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 6th MayWes Zaharuk, Kiri Pritchard-McLean & MC Danny DeeganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 7th MayWes Zaharuk, George Zach & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 8th MayTom Houghton, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
- 18th MayGeorge Rigden & MC Rob MulhollandHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 19th MayAlex Boardman, George Rigden & MC Jonathan MayorBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 20th MayDavid Hadingham, Cal Halbert & MC Katie MulgrewNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
Eddy Brimson & Steve Day
Coming to Hilarity Bites at Roobarb 'n' Custard in Seaham on May 9th 2017:
Eddy Brimson is one of the UK circuit's most in-demand headline acts, working regularly with all the nation's leading promoters. His stand-up is equally sought-after worldwide and he has toured to China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and more. In 2014 he was invited to play the first ever Punchline Comedy night in Myanmar (Burma). Eddy played the first ever Altitude Festival in the Alps, and in 2013 shared the stage with Eddie Izzard at the V-Music Festivals.
Despite a look which often sees him cast in acting roles as a mindless thug (he was once the vicious lout who turned over Frank Butcher's car lot in EastEnders and had a major role as a gang leader in the HBO movie The Infiltrator, for example), Eddy's super-friendly delivery and warm personality make him instantly likeable on stage. His thoughtful, cleverly-crafted comedy - often, understandably, touching on the dangers of pigeonholing and stereotyping - is laugh-out-loud observational material at it's very best.
On television, he has appeared as a regular talking head on TV programmes such as 'I Predict a Riot', '100 Worst Singles' and the 'Britain’s Toughest' Series and also in scripted comedies such as Absolutely Fabulous and The Thin Blue Line. As a presenter, he hosted a show on Bravo called The Basement covering topics ranging form the British Lawnmower Grand Prix to a live hair transplant! On radio he's been a regular contributor on both BBC Radio 5 Live and TalkSport and hosted a show called 'The Brimson Brothers' with his brother Dougie, on Liberty Radio. Also a published author with seven best-selling sports books to his name, he has a cult following amongst football fans around the world.
“Brimson manipulates the mixture of laughs and pseudo-shock masterfully…as the philosopher once said: ‘It’s the way you tell ‘em’ - and Brimson certainly tells ‘em with confident style” - Chortle
“The crowd loved him” - The Guardian
“There must be a school of comedy in the British Isles… if such a school exists Eddy Brimson would have been top of the class” - Sydney Sun Herald
Steve Day describes himself as Britains only deaf comedian, and if there are any others then he hasn't heard. Actually there are a couple of others who have started since he wrote that joke, but it's only a joke after all.
For the past dozen years Steve has been performing to huge laughter around the country and abroad - well, they tell him the laughter was huge to humour him, he doesn't know either way.
Married with five children (a fact nothing to do with not being able to hear the word 'No') Steve has been described as 'warm and witty' by the Scotsman and has received many other rave reviews whilst performing shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Chortle gave him five stars in 2007 for Deafy's Island Discs, a show The Sunday Times called 'Funny and Moving'.
“Revelatory and very funny” - The Guardian
“Warm, funny, frank and thought-provoking” - The Scotsman
“Wonderful” - Bath Chronicle
Tickets for this show can be bought online now from the Hilarity Bites Box Office, or in person from Roobarb 'n' Custard, South Crescent, Seaham.
Tickets for this show are only £6 each, with doors opening at 7pm and the show starting at 8pm.