- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Steve Day & MC Rob Mulholland
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Ship Inn in Guisborough on May 9th 2017:
Steve Day describes himself as Britains only deaf comedian, and if there are any others then he hasn't heard. Actually there are a couple of others who have started since he wrote that joke, but it's only a joke after all.
For the past dozen years Steve has been performing to huge laughter around the country and abroad - well, they tell him the laughter was huge to humour him, he doesn't know either way.
Married with five children (a fact nothing to do with not being able to hear the word 'No') Steve has been described as 'warm and witty' by the Scotsman and has received many other rave reviews whilst performing shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Chortle gave him five stars in 2007 for Deafy's Island Discs, a show The Sunday Times called 'Funny and Moving'.
“Revelatory and very funny” - The Guardian
“Warm, funny, frank and thought-provoking” - The Scotsman
“Wonderful” - Bath Chronicle
MC Rob Mulholland
One of the fastest rising new comedians on the circuit, Rob Mulholland fell into comedy after finding a flyer looking for acts to appear at Harrogate Comedy Festival on the ground outside his front door. In the two years since, he has clocked up a huge amount of gigs all over the country ranging from tiny pubs to massive theatres (even performing to 2,000 bikers at an outdoor festival!), and can now be seen most weekends in some of the biggest comedy clubs in the country.
Just as at home as an act or compere, Rob mixes cheeky audience banter with his intricately woven, gag-packed stories; adding a touch of the absurd to his askance glance at everyday life. Rob is 17 feet tall, made of steel and can jump over a mini cooper from a standing start.
Rob is the current Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year, and after finishing runner-up in this year’s Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act of the Year competition has awarded himself the title of "Yorkshire’s Funniest Non-Musical Comedian". He was one half of the anarchic, late-night, yurt-based show #BlurredMinds at the 2015 Edinburgh festival and premiered his first solo show ‘Champion of Comedy’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival in 2016.
“Very, very tall and equally as talented” - Time Out
“Great delivery and a confident swagger... A riot” - Lancashire Evening Telegraph
“Perfect delivery... had the audience bursting into spontaneous applause” - York Press
This show will also feature support from several new acts, and established acts performing new material.
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Hilarity Bites, visit the Hilarity Bites Box Office.
Tickets can also be bought in person from The Ship Inn, Westgate, Guisborough.
Tickets for this show are £4 in advance or £5 on the door, with doors opening at 7:30pm and the show starting at 8pm.