- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Wes Zaharuk & Danny O'Brien
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Forum in Darlington on May 6th 2017:
Master of mayhem, prop lunatic Wes Zaharuk, takes audience on a joy-ride of frenzy machine-gun anarchic physical comedy routines and maniac physical audience interaction. Wes is easily one of the most exciting acts on the comedy circuit. If you like to laugh until you cry then Wes is an absolute must see. See him while he’s in town and expect the unexpected.
About the use of props, such as vacuums, whips, and blowers, in his performance Wes quips ‘Show business sometimes lures people who didn’t get enough love early in life. I feel as a child I didn’t get enough unsupervised time with power tools but who has perfect parents?’
Come and see Wes, but expect the unexpected. We guarantee you will not have seen household objects used in the way Wes uses them before. An absolute must see.
“Twin Peaks meets Cirque Du Soleil” - Toronto Sun
“A rib-tickling dive into the surreal” - Channel 4
“Simply amazing” - Toronto Star
Danny has been performing stand-up comedy for over seven years, performing regularly at top comedy clubs and festivals in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the US.
He performed his first solo show at the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe Festival to rave reviews. That year he also scooped the title of "Dublin's Funniest Comedian" at the prestigious Stand Up For FM104.
Danny went on to beat 16 of Ireland's best up-and-coming acts and take the coveted Toilet Duck Award at Tedfest 2013 (the now-famous Father Ted celebration). He has supported such acts as Ardal O'Hanlon, Colin Murphy, Brendon Burns, and Wilson Dixon to name but a few. In 2013, Danny also took part in Irish TV show The RTE Comedy Awards and released his first comedy album on iTunes as part of the Irish Underground Comedy Show.
An accomplished compere, he is the resident host and owner of The Comedy Crunch in Dublin, one of Ireland’s busiest comedy clubs, he also hosted The Comedy Crunch tent at last year’s Vodafone Comedy Festival in Dublin.
Danny has also performed back-to-back sold-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe, and has been invited to perform at comedy festivals around the world.
“Danny O'Brien is a serious young talent in the making” - The Examiner
“Great energy” - Entertainment.ie
“Danny is destined for stardom!” - The Laughter Lounge
MC Kiri Pritchard-McLean
As seen on Russell Howard's Stand Up Central, Kiri Pritchard-McLean is a former Leicester Mercury Finalist and the brains behind the multi-award winning Gein's Family Giftshop. A finalist in The Comedy Store’s fearsome King Gong on her first gig has clearly stood her in good stead, as she went on to become the first act to win both the Manchester and Preston Beat the Frog competitions.
After just 6 months of performing regular stand up comedy, Kiri beat over 40 new comics to the title of C69 New Act of the Year 2010 and in 2012 she was named Breakthrough act of the Year by Juice comedy and The Nottingham Comedy Festival. Kiri is also a former finalist in the Hilarity Bites New Act Competition.
In 2014 Kiri performed in several high-profile showcases at the Edinburgh festival, whilst also writing, directing and producing the smash-hit show by Gein's Family Giftshop.
“Not afraid to shock a few people – McLean probably had the hardest laughs of the night and impressed throughout” - Giggle Beats
“Kiri was by far the funniest & quick witted, one to look out for in the future” - Leicester Mercury
“She balances affection with an acute eye for the ridiculous to bring you a stand up set of well delivered, increasingly funny anecdotes” - Three Weeks
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Hilarity Bites, click here to visit the Hilarity Bites Box Office.
Tickets for this show can also be bought in person from The Forum, Borough Road, Darlington, or by telephone on 01325 363 135.
Tickets for this show are £10 each. Doors open at 7:30pm with the show starting at 8pm.