- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Danny O'Brien & Jack Campbell
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Venue in Northallerton on May 4th 2017:
Danny has been performing stand-up comedy for over seven years, performing regularly at top comedy clubs and festivals in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the US.
He performed his first solo show at the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe Festival to rave reviews. That year he also scooped the title of "Dublin's Funniest Comedian" at the prestigious Stand Up For FM104.
Danny went on to beat 16 of Ireland's best up-and-coming acts and take the coveted Toilet Duck Award at Tedfest 2013 (the now-famous Father Ted celebration). He has supported such acts as Ardal O'Hanlon, Colin Murphy, Brendon Burns, and Wilson Dixon to name but a few. In 2013, Danny also took part in Irish TV show The RTE Comedy Awards and released his first comedy album on iTunes as part of the Irish Underground Comedy Show.
An accomplished compere, he is the resident host and owner of The Comedy Crunch in Dublin, one of Ireland’s busiest comedy clubs, he also hosted The Comedy Crunch tent at last year’s Vodafone Comedy Festival in Dublin.
Danny has also performed back-to-back sold-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe, and has been invited to perform at comedy festivals around the world.
“Danny O'Brien is a serious young talent in the making” - The Examiner
“Great energy” - Entertainment.ie
“Danny is destined for stardom!” - The Laughter Lounge
Jack Campbell is a hardworking and hilarious comedian who reached new heights in 2014 when he was outright winner of the English Comedian of the Year Competition. Not that Jack is any stranger to taking home the trophy - the Nottingham Comedy Festival Best Newcomer of 2012 sits on his mantlepiece already.
Jack is based in Cambridgeshire and drives all over the UK to perform for many of the best comedy clubs, as well as gigging in Australia, Finland, Estonia and Latvia in the last twelve months. As well as his high profile competition wins he has also been runner up in both the Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year competition in 2014 and the Tickled Pig Student Competition in 2012.
“Gets hearty laughs, 100% funny” - Broadway Baby
“Jack Campbell secured the English Comedian Of The Year title by offering up the most original take on things” - Chortle
“Funny and refreshingly inventive” - House of Stand Up
MC Danny Deegan
Danny Deegan is a comedian, writer and actor who began performing in 2003 and has since risen steadily through the ranks of some of the most prestigious comedy clubs in the UK. His tales of mischief and the characters he creates have kept audiences all over the country enthralled as he weaves in and out of the people he has met travelling. His talent and likability coupled with a confident swagger see him as one of the most popular acts in the North.
Fresh from a successful run at the Edinburgh Fringe, where he received rave reviews, Danny also recently performed a headline set at the Green Man festival in South Wales getting a great reception from the 400 people in the marquee and being asked to wrap up for Manchester band Doves after their headline set in front of 12,000 people.
Outside of live work Danny has made several TV and radio appearances. From being a guest on Radio GMR to having his own show "Afternoons with Danny Deegan" on CAT FM in Crewe. His TV credits include appearances on "Made in the North" and "The Adam and Shelley Show" to name but two.
“His seamless interactions with the crowd demonstrate that he’s a natural-born comedian... appealing to both the young and old, female and male” - Three Weeks
“Charming, witty and most importantly funny” - Metro
“Deegan has a mature confidence in his abilities” - Chortle
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
Tickets for this show can be bought online now from the Hilarity Bites Box Office, or in person from The Venue, High Street, Northallerton.
Tickets for this show are £5, with doors opening at 7pm and the show starting at 8pm.