- 27th AprilAlfie Brown, Cal Halbert & MC Rob MulhollandCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 3rd MayDanny O'Brien, Karen Bayley & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th MayDanny O'Brien, Jack Campbell & MC Danny DeeganNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 6th MayWes Zaharuk, Kiri Pritchard-McLean & MC Danny DeeganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 7th MayWes Zaharuk, George Zach & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 8th MayTom Houghton, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
- 18th MayGeorge Rigden & MC Rob MulhollandHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 19th MayAlex Boardman, George Rigden & MC Jonathan MayorBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 20th MayDavid Hadingham, Cal Halbert & MC Katie MulgrewNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
Danny O'Brien & Karen Bayley
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Turbinia in Newton Aycliffe on May 3rd 2017:
Danny has been performing stand-up comedy for over seven years, performing regularly at top comedy clubs and festivals in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the US.
He performed his first solo show at the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe Festival to rave reviews. That year he also scooped the title of "Dublin's Funniest Comedian" at the prestigious Stand Up For FM104.
Danny went on to beat 16 of Ireland's best up-and-coming acts and take the coveted Toilet Duck Award at Tedfest 2013 (the now-famous Father Ted celebration). He has supported such acts as Ardal O'Hanlon, Colin Murphy, Brendon Burns, and Wilson Dixon to name but a few. In 2013, Danny also took part in Irish TV show The RTE Comedy Awards and released his first comedy album on iTunes as part of the Irish Underground Comedy Show.
An accomplished compere, he is the resident host and owner of The Comedy Crunch in Dublin, one of Ireland’s busiest comedy clubs, he also hosted The Comedy Crunch tent at last year’s Vodafone Comedy Festival in Dublin.
Danny has also performed back-to-back sold-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe, and has been invited to perform at comedy festivals around the world.
“Danny O'Brien is a serious young talent in the making” - The Examiner
“Great energy” - Entertainment.ie
“Danny is destined for stardom!” - The Laughter Lounge
Karen began her comedy career back in 2000 and since then has gone from strength to strength. Her bold, no nonsense attitude strikes a perfect pitch with men and women alike, and she is equally at home compering or performing sets.
Karen is also resident compere of her own clubs in Sutton Coldfield and Solihull, with her claim to fame to date being that she was the first woman (in its history) to win the King Gong show at The Comedy Store.
Karen has also worked in TV and radio, including appearances on the BBC New Comedy Awards (BBC3), The Last Word (ITV1), Sex on the Job (Sky 1), and 100 Greatest Cartoons (Channel 4).
“Laugh out loud jokes and superb audience control” - Chortle
“Likeable headstrong persona- packing a considerable performing punch” - The List
“She blew my socks off” - BBC
MC Rob Mulholland
One of the fastest rising new comedians on the circuit, Rob Mulholland fell into comedy after finding a flyer looking for acts to appear at Harrogate Comedy Festival on the ground outside his front door. In the two years since, he has clocked up a huge amount of gigs all over the country ranging from tiny pubs to massive theatres (even performing to 2,000 bikers at an outdoor festival!), and can now be seen most weekends in some of the biggest comedy clubs in the country.
Just as at home as an act or compere, Rob mixes cheeky audience banter with his intricately woven, gag-packed stories; adding a touch of the absurd to his askance glance at everyday life. Rob is 17 feet tall, made of steel and can jump over a mini cooper from a standing start.
Rob is the current Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year, and after finishing runner-up in this year’s Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act of the Year competition has awarded himself the title of "Yorkshire’s Funniest Non-Musical Comedian". He was one half of the anarchic, late-night, yurt-based show #BlurredMinds at the 2015 Edinburgh festival and premiered his first solo show ‘Champion of Comedy’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival in 2016.
“Very, very tall and equally as talented” - Time Out
“Great delivery and a confident swagger... A riot” - Lancashire Evening Telegraph
“Perfect delivery... had the audience bursting into spontaneous applause” - York Press
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
Tickets for this show can be bought online now from the Hilarity Bites Box Office, or in person from The Turbinia.
Tickets for this show are £5 each in advance or £8 on the door.
Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm.