- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Alex Boardman & George Rigden
Coming to Hilarity Bites at Bishop Auckland Town Hall on May 19th 2017:
A lifelong comedy fan, Alex Boardman stormed onto the scene and quickly became one of the most popular choices on the circuit during the late 90’s. A full time comic since 1998, his skills as a writer have also been in constant demand for Britain’s most cutting edge prime time TV and Radio comedy shows. If you’ve found yourself falling off your chair in a fit of giggles watching TV’s latest successful comedy offering, the chances are, Alex is responsible.
Alex is now one of the most sought after acts in the country due to his ability to interact with any audience and to seemingly conjure something out of nothing. His free flowing style and natural charm breeze through in performances. His unique brand of “flattery and abuse” is done with a lack of malice and a big sense of fun.
Alex was one of a small band of writers who worked on the second series of John Bishop’s Britain on BBC 1 and he made a significant contribution to it being the highest rated stand up show of 2011 bringing in six million viewers a week. He has also written for performers as diverse as James Corden, Lily Savage and Liza Tarbuck, whilst he had a three year special hosting the Galaxy FM breakfast show in the late 2000s.
“His tall tales can lead anywhere on any given night” - The Times
“A rare mixture of wit and charm” - The Guardian
“Probably the quickest I’ve ever seen, certainly the funniest” - The Big Issue
Rising star George Rigden is a Bristol-based musical comic who, despite having only been gigging since 2013, has already racked up hundreds of gigs and enjoyed success in a clutch of competitions.
He’s also gigged with the likes of Russell Howard, Stephen Merchant & Joe Wilkinson, and is the resident MC for legendary Bristol night, OPPO (founded by Mark Olver).
In 2015 George made his Edinburgh debut, having beaten off stiff competition to win a place in Bound & Gagged Comedy’s prestigious showcase ‘AAA’ at The Pleasance Edinburgh.
“Rigden is the result of a genetic mash-up between Mitch Benn and Tim Key, perhaps with a few strands of Ricky Gervais’s DNA thrown in... Very funny stuff” - Chortle
“Rigden’s musical comedy is deliciously dark... he is very good at working the crowd and of all tonight's acts he probably made the biggest impression” - Beyond The Joke
“George Rigden had the audience in his hands thanks to some great comedic timing, a little help from his guitar and a hint of David Mitchell in Peep Show” - Leicester Mercury
Jonathan Mayor sets the stage alight with his razor sharp audience banter and stunning charisma. Don’t be fooled by the glitter and glamour, underneath lies an intelligent line of socio-political humour, from a unique and fascinating perspective. Jonathan will reduce any audience to hysterics whether they are erudite, Radio 4 listeners or the drunkest Friday night crowd.
A flamboyant and charismatic performer, when Jonathan arrives, its Showtime, engaging the audience both on and off-stage. He is one of the few acts who will not only perform when the stage lights are on, but also wander among the crowd, chatting and charming – truly “hosting” the night. These qualities have ensured that Jonathan is, in either role, one of the UK’s most popular choices with audiences.
Jonathan also receives requests for appearances at events that vary wildly in nature, such as burlesque shows, cabaret nights, Pride Events, biker festivals, corporate occasions, street theatre, balls, weddings, civil partnerships, birthday parties and poetry nights. Jonathan is so much more than a stand-up comedian, he is an exciting, enticing, all consuming experience in himself.
“Imagine a Christmas tree has just exploded over the campest Bollywood star you know” - Comedy Store
“An incredible presence on the stage. Mesmerising to watch and an extremely articulate improviser. Fantastic” - XS Malarkey
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Bishop Auckland Town Hall, please telephone the Town Hall on 03000 269524. Alternatively, you can call in to the Town Hall, in Bishop Auckland Market Place, during normal opening hours.
Tickets for this show are £8 each in advance or £10 on the door, with doors opening at 7:30pm and the show starting at 8pm.