- 27th AprilAlfie Brown, Cal Halbert & MC Rob MulhollandCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 3rd MayDanny O'Brien, Karen Bayley & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th MayDanny O'Brien, Jack Campbell & MC Danny DeeganNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 6th MayWes Zaharuk, Kiri Pritchard-McLean & MC Danny DeeganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 7th MayWes Zaharuk, George Zach & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 8th MayTom Houghton, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
- 18th MayGeorge Rigden & MC Rob MulhollandHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 19th MayAlex Boardman, George Rigden & MC Jonathan MayorBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 20th MayDavid Hadingham, Cal Halbert & MC Katie MulgrewNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
Stephen Grant & Eddy Brimson
Coming to Hilarity Bites at Friends of Wine in Ripon on June 6th 2017:
A repeat award winner of Best UK Compere, Stephen Grant is one of the hardest working comedy performers and writers in the UK. He is the host of the Krater Comedy Club at Komedia, which has won Best Comedy Venue in the South for an unprecedented amount of times and is a regular headliner at The Comedy Store in London's Leicester Square.
He possesses an energy and intellect which combined with his eight years in the corporate world make for a perfect experienced host and entertainer for any even, but Stephen still finds the time to headline and MC gigs all over the country.
A regular guest on The Cutting Edge at The Comedy Store, Stephen deputises as a presenter on BBC Southern Counties Radio, and warms-up and perfors on some of the biggest comedy shows on TV. His speed and dynamism create a magical energy which has audiences rapt and hanging onto his every word. It is this that led Stephen to writting for Rob Beckett on Mock the Week, for Russell Kane on Live at the Electric, as well as for Lee Nelson’s Well Good Show for Avalon TV and Seann Walsh for Channel 4’s Stand Up For The Week.
“Right from the word go his audience were in fits of laughter as we were subjected to his relentless comedy. Comedy bordering on genius” - Three Weeks
“He’s famously pedantic, relentlessly logical and with the kind of comedy vision that can see round corners. You’re never more than 15 seconds away from a really good laugh” - Chortle
“Brilliant. This show will have you chuckling to yourself hours afterwards” - The Scotsman
Eddy Brimson is one of the UK circuit's most in-demand headline acts, working regularly with all the nation's leading promoters. His stand-up is equally sought-after worldwide and he has toured to China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and more. In 2014 he was invited to play the first ever Punchline Comedy night in Myanmar (Burma). Eddy played the first ever Altitude Festival in the Alps, and in 2013 shared the stage with Eddie Izzard at the V-Music Festivals.
Despite a look which often sees him cast in acting roles as a mindless thug (he was once the vicious lout who turned over Frank Butcher's car lot in EastEnders and had a major role as a gang leader in the HBO movie The Infiltrator, for example), Eddy's super-friendly delivery and warm personality make him instantly likeable on stage. His thoughtful, cleverly-crafted comedy - often, understandably, touching on the dangers of pigeonholing and stereotyping - is laugh-out-loud observational material at it's very best.
On television, he has appeared as a regular talking head on TV programmes such as 'I Predict a Riot', '100 Worst Singles' and the 'Britain’s Toughest' Series and also in scripted comedies such as Absolutely Fabulous and The Thin Blue Line. As a presenter, he hosted a show on Bravo called The Basement covering topics ranging form the British Lawnmower Grand Prix to a live hair transplant! On radio he's been a regular contributor on both BBC Radio 5 Live and TalkSport and hosted a show called 'The Brimson Brothers' with his brother Dougie, on Liberty Radio. Also a published author with seven best-selling sports books to his name, he has a cult following amongst football fans around the world.
“Brimson manipulates the mixture of laughs and pseudo-shock masterfully…as the philosopher once said: ‘It’s the way you tell ‘em’ - and Brimson certainly tells ‘em with confident style” - Chortle
“The crowd loved him” - The Guardian
“There must be a school of comedy in the British Isles… if such a school exists Eddy Brimson would have been top of the class” - Sydney Sun Herald
MC Pete Otway
Since starting to perform in 2010, Pete Otway has quickly gained momentum, establishing himself as an extremely strong new act. As comfortable and confident as an MC as he is an act, he is booked regularly to do both, and was a recent finalist in the 2012 BBC New Comedy Awards.
With an affable and conversational style, mixed with an energetic stage manner and original writing, Pete is quickly making a name for himself on the UK circuit, and is certainly one to watch.
“Devastatingly funny” - Chortle
“Amiable, cheeky classic stand-up” - Liverpool Echo
“An amazing comedy talent, and we are making sure we are making sure we follow his every move in his ever rising career” - Crispy Comedy Club
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
Tickets for this show can be bought directly from Friends of Wine in Ripon, either in person or by calling 01765 608 880.
Tickets for this show are £10 each.
Doors open at 7:30pm and the comedy starts at 8pm.