- 27th AprilAlfie Brown, Cal Halbert & MC Rob MulhollandCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 3rd MayDanny O'Brien, Karen Bayley & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th MayDanny O'Brien, Jack Campbell & MC Danny DeeganNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 6th MayWes Zaharuk, Kiri Pritchard-McLean & MC Danny DeeganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 7th MayWes Zaharuk, George Zach & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 8th MayTom Houghton, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 18th MayGeorge Rigden & MC Rob MulhollandHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 19th MayAlex Boardman, George Rigden & MC Jonathan MayorBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 20th MayDavid Hadingham, Cal Halbert & MC Katie MulgrewNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
Junior Simpson & Andy Wilky
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Forum in Darlington on June 3rd 2017:
With his infectious energy and huge stage presence, it is easy to see why Junior Simpson is a circuit favourite. Simpson has a boundless joy and exuberance that has audiences hooked with hilarity.
A true observational comic, Simpson finds his humour in the everyday and humdrum with anecdotes of his world travels as a comedian adding a personal originality to his set. Although mischievous and daring, Simpson is never crass or crude and can tailor his set to suit any audience making him a favourite for warm up, TV and corporate work.
Junior is a regular headliner at clubs all over the UK and is also in great demand internationally performing as far afield as South Africa and Australia. Junior is also a regular contributor to The Cutting Edge team at the Comedy Store.
“My highlight was Junior Simpson. A vigorous raconteur and vibrant mimic with lots to say. Watch that Man!” - The Guardian
“The new Lenny Henry” - The Times
“Simpson's irresistible energy and evangelical delivery can engage the most jaded of room” - Chortle
In 1995, Andy Wilky tried stand-up comedy for the first time, adopting the stage name Smug Roberts; the "Smug" came from an event in his life where people teased him for being a "smug bastard" and the "Roberts" was adapted from his middle name. Caroline Aherne and her then-husband Peter Hook watched his set and she put him in contact with an agent. Six weeks later, He performed his first one-man gig.
In 2000, Andy headlined with Paul Merton and John Thomson at the opening night of the Manchester Comedy Store. His appearance there lead to a role in the film 24 Hour Party People (2002). He has also appeared on television, with roles in Cutting It, and BAFTA winners Buried (Channel 4), and Cold Feet (ITV).
Andy has also appeared in nearly every television production by Peter Kay and his recent work includes playing landlord Mr Foley in the BAFTA winning Mrs Brown's Boys, and the films Looking for Eric (Ken Loach), and Almost Married.
“He neatly subverts the crowd’s expectations by presenting the exact opposite of what they are anticipating” - The Guardian
“A brilliant act, he defies description and has to be seen” - City Life
“A master storyteller” - Radio Times
MC Pete Otway
Since starting to perform in 2010, Pete Otway has quickly gained momentum, establishing himself as an extremely strong new act. As comfortable and confident as an MC as he is an act, he is booked regularly to do both, and was a recent finalist in the 2012 BBC New Comedy Awards.
With an affable and conversational style, mixed with an energetic stage manner and original writing, Pete is quickly making a name for himself on the UK circuit, and is certainly one to watch.
“Devastatingly funny” - Chortle
“Amiable, cheeky classic stand-up” - Liverpool Echo
“An amazing comedy talent, and we are making sure we are making sure we follow his every move in his ever rising career” - Crispy Comedy Club
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Hilarity Bites, click here to visit the Hilarity Bites Box Office.
Tickets for this show can also be bought in person from The Forum, Borough Road, Darlington, or by telephone on 01325 363 135.
Tickets for this show are £10 each. Doors open at 7:30pm with the show starting at 8pm.