- 27th AprilAlfie Brown, Cal Halbert & MC Rob MulhollandCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayPhil Nichol, Tanyalee Davis & MC Danny O'BrienRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 2nd MayTanyalee Davis, Phil Nichol & MC SilkyRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 3rd MayDanny O'Brien, Karen Bayley & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th MayDanny O'Brien, Jack Campbell & MC Danny DeeganNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 6th MayWes Zaharuk, Kiri Pritchard-McLean & MC Danny DeeganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 7th MayWes Zaharuk, George Zach & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 8th MayTom Houghton, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
- 18th MayGeorge Rigden & MC Rob MulhollandHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 19th MayAlex Boardman, George Rigden & MC Jonathan MayorBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 20th MayDavid Hadingham, Cal Halbert & MC Katie MulgrewNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
Nick Doody & Chris Washington
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Venue in Northallerton on June 1st 2017:
Nick Doody has been performing comedy since the 90s when, as a student, he got off to a pretty good start by supporting the legendary Bill Hicks, at Bill's request. A little later, Nick was a finalist in Channel 4's So You Think You're Funny? competition.
Since then he has performed all over the world: Ireland, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Estonia... You get the idea. He was the first British comedian to perform in Croatia.
Nick has appeared on various radio and TV shows, and is also much in demand as a writer. He has penned jokes for Joan Rivers, Lenny Henry, Dame Edna Everage and an uncomfortable number of Mock The Week regulars. He was also the creator and head writer of Bigipedia, a critically acclaimed Radio 4 show that broadcast in 2009 and 2011.
In 2006, Nick performed his first solo Edinburgh Festival show, Before He Kills Again. The show received rave reviews and sold out for the whole festival, leading to a run at the Soho Theatre. Since then, Nick has written and performed another six solo hours of stand-up, including the most honest title ever to appear on a poster, Look At This Massive Picture Of My Face.
“All hail Nick Doody... true comedy gold: polished, rich in material and a find among all the fools” - Metro
“This is simply the best unadulterated, gimmick-free hour of pure stand-up I’ve seen so far this Fringe” - Chortle
“A no-nonsense stand up comic who is genuinely funny” - Three Weeks
Chris began performing stand up comedy in July 2012, and after five years, several hundred gigs for a host of reputable promoters up and down the country, and a well received Edinburgh debut show, he is fast becoming one of the most sought after new acts on the circuit.
In his early days Chris made the finals of several new act competitions, and was spotted by Jason Manford, who selected him to support him on several tour dates. With a cheeky Northern charm and hilarious tales it’s clear to see why Chris is flying up the comedy ladder.
“Mark my words, he will be a big name” - Love Comedy
“Worth the entrance fee alone. Look out for this man!!” - Otley Town Post
“Hilarious stories” - Hull Daily Mail
MC Rob Mulholland
One of the fastest rising new comedians on the circuit, Rob Mulholland fell into comedy after finding a flyer looking for acts to appear at Harrogate Comedy Festival on the ground outside his front door. In the two years since, he has clocked up a huge amount of gigs all over the country ranging from tiny pubs to massive theatres (even performing to 2,000 bikers at an outdoor festival!), and can now be seen most weekends in some of the biggest comedy clubs in the country.
Just as at home as an act or compere, Rob mixes cheeky audience banter with his intricately woven, gag-packed stories; adding a touch of the absurd to his askance glance at everyday life. Rob is 17 feet tall, made of steel and can jump over a mini cooper from a standing start.
Rob is the current Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year, and after finishing runner-up in this year’s Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act of the Year competition has awarded himself the title of "Yorkshire’s Funniest Non-Musical Comedian". He was one half of the anarchic, late-night, yurt-based show #BlurredMinds at the 2015 Edinburgh festival and premiered his first solo show ‘Champion of Comedy’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival in 2016.
“Very, very tall and equally as talented” - Time Out
“Great delivery and a confident swagger... A riot” - Lancashire Evening Telegraph
“Perfect delivery... had the audience bursting into spontaneous applause” - York Press
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
Tickets for this show can be bought online now from the Hilarity Bites Box Office, or in person from The Venue, High Street, Northallerton.
Tickets for this show are £6, with doors opening at 7pm and the show starting at 8pm.