- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Eddy Brimson & George Rigden
Coming to Hilarity Bites at The Turbinia in Newton Aycliffe on April 5th 2017:
Eddy Brimson is one of the UK circuit's most in-demand headline acts, working regularly with all the nation's leading promoters. His stand-up is equally sought-after worldwide and he has toured to China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and more. In 2014 he was invited to play the first ever Punchline Comedy night in Myanmar (Burma). Eddy played the first ever Altitude Festival in the Alps, and in 2013 shared the stage with Eddie Izzard at the V-Music Festivals.
Despite a look which often sees him cast in acting roles as a mindless thug (he was once the vicious lout who turned over Frank Butcher's car lot in EastEnders and had a major role as a gang leader in the HBO movie The Infiltrator, for example), Eddy's super-friendly delivery and warm personality make him instantly likeable on stage. His thoughtful, cleverly-crafted comedy - often, understandably, touching on the dangers of pigeonholing and stereotyping - is laugh-out-loud observational material at it's very best.
On television, he has appeared as a regular talking head on TV programmes such as 'I Predict a Riot', '100 Worst Singles' and the 'Britain’s Toughest' Series and also in scripted comedies such as Absolutely Fabulous and The Thin Blue Line. As a presenter, he hosted a show on Bravo called The Basement covering topics ranging form the British Lawnmower Grand Prix to a live hair transplant! On radio he's been a regular contributor on both BBC Radio 5 Live and TalkSport and hosted a show called 'The Brimson Brothers' with his brother Dougie, on Liberty Radio. Also a published author with seven best-selling sports books to his name, he has a cult following amongst football fans around the world.
“Brimson manipulates the mixture of laughs and pseudo-shock masterfully…as the philosopher once said: ‘It’s the way you tell ‘em’ - and Brimson certainly tells ‘em with confident style” - Chortle
“The crowd loved him” - The Guardian
“There must be a school of comedy in the British Isles… if such a school exists Eddy Brimson would have been top of the class” - Sydney Sun Herald
Rising star George Rigden is a Bristol-based musical comic who, despite having only been gigging since 2013, has already racked up hundreds of gigs and enjoyed success in a clutch of competitions.
He’s also gigged with the likes of Russell Howard, Stephen Merchant & Joe Wilkinson, and is the resident MC for legendary Bristol night, OPPO (founded by Mark Olver).
In 2015 George made his Edinburgh debut, having beaten off stiff competition to win a place in Bound & Gagged Comedy’s prestigious showcase ‘AAA’ at The Pleasance Edinburgh.
“Rigden is the result of a genetic mash-up between Mitch Benn and Tim Key, perhaps with a few strands of Ricky Gervais’s DNA thrown in... Very funny stuff” - Chortle
“Rigden’s musical comedy is deliciously dark... he is very good at working the crowd and of all tonight's acts he probably made the biggest impression” - Beyond The Joke
“George Rigden had the audience in his hands thanks to some great comedic timing, a little help from his guitar and a hint of David Mitchell in Peep Show” - Leicester Mercury
MC Matt Reed
Born and bred in Sunderland, Matt's affable style has won him fans across the UK. He effortlessly plays with the crowd with a natural rapport that is found in few comics. Matt, always ready, never disappointing will always make a good gig - great.
In 2015 Matt took his debut show to the Edinburgh Fringe, retelling the four year ordeal of how he was stalked and cat-fished by an online admirer. The show won rave reviews from critics and audience alike, with Matt playing to sell-out audiences.
With so many gigs of every size under his belt, from audiences of 3000 to 30, there is pretty much no comedy situation Matt can't handle. As pleasant as he is wonderfully brutal, Matt is a welcome addition to any comedy night entertaining the crowd while skillfully destroying any heckler that crosses his path.
“Absolutely hilarious... had the crowd rolling around” - BBC
“Brilliant... always original one of the newest stars of comedy” - The Leeds Guide
“Brilliantly handled a very difficult room, this fashionably unkempt lad will go far” - Swansea Telegraph
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
Tickets for this show can be bought online now from the Hilarity Bites Box Office, or in person from The Turbinia.
Tickets for this show are £5 each in advance or £8 on the door.
Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm.