- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Dan Nightingale & Tom Deacon
Coming to Hilarity Bites at One77 in Hartlepool on April 2nd 2017:
Fresh out of University in the early Noughties, Dan Nightingale started working behind the bar in a local comedy club and already the seeds for his future career were sown. He took to the stage for the first time only a few months later and found himself catapulted to the forefront of the comedy scene.
Dan is now one of the best performers found on the comedy circuit. Mixing fiendishly accurate observation with energetic characterisations and killer punch lines his comedy is original, playful, intelligent, exciting and sometimes ridiculous, but always hilarious.
Dan recently appeared in 'John Bishops Only Joking' on Sky. A highly respected and experienced MC/headline act, he is constantly in demand from the circuits most prestigious clubs and comedy nights. Like the jewel in a comedic crown, Nightingale adds a touch of class to any line-up.
“Nightingale can make just about anything funny. He’s lightning-quick” - Time Out
“Magnetic, Entertaining and wonderfully funny” - Three Weeks
“Pretty damn funny” - Fest
Tom Deacon has been performing stand-up for the last decade. Since winning the Chortle Student Comedy Award in 2007, he has hosted his own BBC Radio 1 show, done some telly (The Rob Brydon Show, Fake Reaction, Dave’s One Night Stand), and followed The Champions League around the world as The Eurofan – notching up over one million views on YouTube.
Tom took his first solo show to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2009, returning several times since - including in 2014 where he performed to a packed out room most days, and was featured in Wow247 as one of the ‘Top 10 Free Comedy Shows at the Fringe’. In 2013 he performed at The Melbourne Comedy Festival Roadshow in sold-out, 1000-seater theatres.
A slick, upbeat, confident and loveable performer; he has also recently supported Doc Brown and Katherine Ryan on tour.
“A mighty fine comic” - The Guardian
“With looks, confidence, charm and great material; expect other comics to lynch him” - The Sunday Times
“Great original material with ever-so-astute timing. A brilliantly savvy comic” - Three Weeks
Multi-award winning Archie Maddocks is an exciting comedian, who is armed with a natural stage presence, and a “winning smile”. He possesses an affable and likeable nature that immediately puts people at ease and has impressed both his peers and audiences with his charismatic, conversational style, hilarious observations and quick, acerbic wit.
A finalist in both the 2014 English Comedian of the Year competition and the 2014 NATYS competition, Archie finished as runner-up in the Amused Moose Laugh-Off at the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe, before going one better and winning the 2014 Bath Comedy Festival New Act of the Year award. In August 2014, Archie performed at the prestigious Big Value showcase at the Edinburgh Fringe, as well as performing several other shows for the BBC, amongst others. In 2016 Archie returned to Edinburgh with his debut solo show.
“An impressive set...” - Bruce Dessau, British Comedy Awards
“Charismatic and enthusiastic... Watch this space” - Chortle
“A real highlight of the evening” - BBC Introduces
MC Dave Longley
David Longley is a difficult comedian to define; on the one hand, abrasive, crude and insulting and on the other, articulate, intelligent and disarmingly funny. Longley's towering stage presence and intensity, combined with cutting wit and intelligence have made him one of the most popular and controversial circuit comics in the UK, whether it's doling out thought-provoking insights or revelling in toilet humour Longley is a gifted wordsmith with great audience interaction skills.
One of the few comics able to play to any audience without compromising on his material, David Longley can delight a hen party and the comedy connoisseur on the same night.
Appearing regularly at The Glee, Jongleurs, Highlight, The Stand, Baby Blue and The Frog and Bucket, Dave is a "uniquely fascinating act".
“Highly original and bloody funny” - Three Weeks
“Proves that comedy can say something important and, crucially, still be funny” - Metro
“Acid tongued and as sharp as a barrel full of tacks… As intense and intelligent performer as you're likely to see” - The List
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Hilarity Bites, visit the Hilarity Bites Box Office.
Tickets can also be bought in person from One77, York Road, Hartlepool.
Tickets for this show are £5 in advance or £8 on the door, with doors opening at 7pm and the show starting at 7:45pm.