- 30th MarchDanny Posthill, Phil Pagett & MC Aaron TwitchenCrook - The CornerhouseTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 1st AprilMichael Fabbri, Archie Maddocks & MC Will DugganDarlington Forum Music CentreTickets £10
- 2nd AprilDan Nightingale, Tom Deacon, Archie Maddocks & MC Dave LongleyHartlepool - One77Tickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilAlfie Moore, Rob Rouse & MC Dave TwentymanRipon Friends of WineTickets £8 advance / £10 on the day
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewThe Angel at TopcliffeTickets £10
- 4th AprilRob Rouse, Alfie Moore & MC Katie MulgrewRipon Friends of WineTickets £10
- 5th AprilEddy Brimson, George Rigden & MC Matt ReedNewton Aycliffe - The TurbiniaTickets £5 advance / £8 door
- 6th AprilPatrick Monahan, Rahul Kohli & MC Andy FuryNorthallerton - The VenueTickets £5
- 10th AprilAllyson June Smith, MC Andy Fury & supportDarlington Hole in the WallTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilKevin Precious, MC Andy Fury & supportRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 11th AprilSteffen Peddie: 99 Problems and The Chips Still Ain't OneRoobarb n Custard, SeahamTickets £6
- 19th AprilLee Kyle: Burning This Place To The GroundDarlington SeenTickets £5
- 20th AprilSeymour Mace & MC Lee KyleHartlepool - The Pot HouseTickets £3 advance / £5 door
- 21st AprilGavin Webster, Andy Wilky & MC Pete OtwayBishop Auckland Town HallTickets £8 advance / £10 door
- 22nd AprilRaymond Mearns, Tom Taylor & MC Rob MulhollandNewton Aycliffe - Planet LeisureTickets £5
- 9th MaySteve Day, MC Rob Mulholland & supportGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £4 advance / £5 door
- 9th MayEddy Brimson & Stave DayGuisborough - The Ship InnTickets £6
Raymond Mearns & Tom Taylor
Coming to Hilarity Bites at Planet Leisure in Newton Aycliffe on April 22nd 2017:
Whether he is engaged in super quick audience interaction or telling a hilarious shaggy dog story, Raymond Mearns is one of the UK’s most popular circuit comedians. With a blinding talent for improvisation, Raymond is renowned as one of the nations top comperes and this is underlined by the fact he is a regular at the nations top comedy venues.
Playing to audiences at the country’s best venues every week has sharpened Raymond’s comedy skills to the point where he is flexible enough to perform in front of anyone, whether in a big city theatre or an intimate club room. Raymond has also performed sell-out shows world-wide, from New York to Melbourne, Kuala Lumpur, and beyond.
TV and film appearances include Rab C Nesbitt's Christmas Special and BBC Scotland Sitcom: 'Legit' (2008). Films include 'Ae Fond Kiss' (2004) and 'It’s a Free World' (2007), both directed by the legendary Ken Loach.
“A personality so huge it fills the room” - The List
“Every line that issues from this man is funny” - Chortle
“A man that knows how to swear properly” - Billy Connolly
“A genuine improvisational genius” - Frankie Boyle
2015 Yorkshire Comedian of the Year
Multi-award winning comedian Tom Taylor has received high praise from audiences and critics alike. His unique brand of musical comedy is smart and silly in equal measure and he can boast an impressive stock of quirky, and very funny, musical one-liners.
In 2013 Tom reached the final of the prestigious So You Think You're Funny? competition, previously won by Dylan Moran, Lee Mack and Peter Kay. In 2014, he reached the final of the Hobgoblin Comedy Award and, the following year, won the inaugural Great Yorkshire Fringe New Comedian of the Year competition.
Recently, Tom has performed on Radio 2 and Radio 4 Extra as part of the BBC Radio New Comedy Award and has supported Simon Munnery on tour.
“His brand of nervous, neurotic musical comedy is an absolute delight” - The Skinny
MC Rob Mulholland
One of the fastest rising new comedians on the circuit, Rob Mulholland fell into comedy after finding a flyer looking for acts to appear at Harrogate Comedy Festival on the ground outside his front door. In the two years since, he has clocked up a huge amount of gigs all over the country ranging from tiny pubs to massive theatres (even performing to 2,000 bikers at an outdoor festival!), and can now be seen most weekends in some of the biggest comedy clubs in the country.
Just as at home as an act or compere, Rob mixes cheeky audience banter with his intricately woven, gag-packed stories; adding a touch of the absurd to his askance glance at everyday life. Rob is 17 feet tall, made of steel and can jump over a mini cooper from a standing start.
Rob is the current Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year, and after finishing runner-up in this year’s Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act of the Year competition has awarded himself the title of "Yorkshire’s Funniest Non-Musical Comedian". He was one half of the anarchic, late-night, yurt-based show #BlurredMinds at the 2015 Edinburgh festival and premiered his first solo show ‘Champion of Comedy’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival in 2016.
“Very, very tall and equally as talented” - Time Out
“Great delivery and a confident swagger... A riot” - Lancashire Evening Telegraph
“Perfect delivery... had the audience bursting into spontaneous applause” - York Press
This show will also feature a newer act in the middle.
To buy tickets for this, or any of the shows coming up at Hilarity Bites, click here to visit the Hilarity Bites Box Office.
Tickets can also be bought directly from Planet Leisure in Newton Aycliffe, either in person or by calling 01325 310989.
Tickets for this show are £5 each, with doors opening at 7:30pm and the comedy starting at 8:30pm.